Cherishing Family with the Petersons


I love family photo sessions!  We did the Peterson family's photos around the grounds at our church building, as it seemed to be a convenient last-minute location for both of us.  On Facebook Terasa wrote:
"We had this fantastic couple do our family photos last week. it was so fun, they brought a bench, which REALLY helped solve the height struggles for a good photo of my husband (6' 11", and me 5' 4") They also suggested a fabulous location due to some time constraints we were having with family who had traveled. I'm so excited to see the final product. It is the first time we have had a professional do our photos. We were super happy with the photo shoot."
 Something extra special about this photoshoot was the way that the mother involved and honored her son who is in heaven.  She brought her favorite framed picture of him and family members took turns holding the frame for the photos. P.S. I absolutely love the picture she has of him!  

I had a special experience while editing these photos.  Sometimes when I'm editing photos I will come across an image that moves me like seeing a father's wet eyes as he's walking his daughter down the aisle at her wedding or a family getting photos done with their dying child. I can't help feeling the feelings of that moment and getting emotional.  Well, in editing these photos I felt something again.  I felt the beauty of family and how our relationships do not end with the passing on from this life.  I felt the pain of missing our loved ones.  I felt the caring way in which others carry on the legacy of loved ones so they are never forgotten.  My heart was so full and I wept.


Can you say first grandbaby?  That's right!  This was a fun occasion to get photos with the little guy!  I love all the photos we got with him.  Perhaps my favorite is when he shined his biggest smile at us when his mom was standing by us calling to him in her sweet voice and jumping up and down. I think he also loved getting tossed in the sky by his dad.

Oh yes, we also got a photo with all the boys and some portraits and couples shots.









 We enjoyed our time with this sweet family!

Comments

Popular Posts